May 25, 2011

Memorial Day Tribute

 Hi, Barbara here. Memorial Day is coming up in a few days, so I decided to do a tribute bookmark for the occasion. I went to two of my favorite stamp sets -- Hero and She-roes. I had the book mark plastic case in my stash, so I sized the bookmark to fit that. The bookmark is 2" x 7". I used two 4" pieces of red cardstock and embossed them in a Cuttlebug folder to get the stripes. Then I took 3" pieces of blue cardstock and embossed with the stars. I used titanium white pan pastels to highlight the stars and stripes. I adhered the pieces to a center piece of cardstock. I stamped the images in black on white. I wanted to keep the red, white, and blue theme. To complete the project I attached the ribbon to the holder and attached a muse token (Tim Holtz Idea-ology line) with the letter C and the word "Courageous". Now, if I could only find time to read, I have a great bookmark to use.

No comments: