January 19, 2011

Live in the Sunshine


I was working on a card using the Aged Tiles technique and wanted an image that worked with the technique. I think that this image from The Outpost is the perfect image for the technique or is it that the technique is perfect for the image. Whichever the case may be, I think this image is so beautiful. It is rather simple, yet it depicts a very meaningful scene. I kept the card fairly monochromatic. I wanted to keep the feeling of tranquility. The aged tiles background gives the card a vintage look. Doesn't the sentiment leave you with an upbeat feeling?

2 comments:

Janna said...

This is a lovely card. I am going to have to check out that aged tile technique! Thank you for sharing :)

Janna
www.stampingwiththedogs.blogspot.com

Valerie-Jael said...

A gorgeous picture, the GOOD old days, and peaceful afternoons sitting on the veranda or playing in the garden....