May 30, 2017

Parisian Girls


Hell, Avril here today and I've been using the Eiffel Collage stamp along with some masking to make a background.

I started by using low tack tape to carefully mask out the central portion of the stamp with the sweet girl image.  I inked up my stamp with black Archival ink and then removed the inky low tack tape and stamped onto white card and fussy cut around the edges of the background.

I used Antique Linen Distress spray to give a vintage look to the script collage.  I used Aged Mahogany distress marker and a waterbrush to colour the flowers.

I stamped and fussy cut the girls from the Paperboy set and coloured these with distress inks and a waterbrush.  I decided where they would be placed on the background and then stamped the Paris part of a sentiment from the Paris Exposition set.  My girls were attached using 3D foam to give a little dimension.

For the base card, I used the swirl element from the Serenity set, stamping with Vintage Photo Oxide ink and  then sprayed with water.  I let this 'develop' for a few seconds and then used a kitchen tissue roll to remove the excess water before drying with a heat gun.

I hope, like me, you find these collaged background stamps very versatile and hope I've given you some more inspiration in using them.

Thanks for calling in, and if you get creative with your Artistic Outpost rubber stamps,  please share with us on our Artistic Outpost Facebook page, we would love to see what you make.

Have a great week.

Avril Bailey  :  Designer




No comments: