January 7, 2017

Christmastime All Year Round

Happy Saturday Everyone!  Julie here, sharing another Christmas card designed with the brand new Artistic Outpost  (AO) stamp sets, Gloria and Christmastime along with the ODBD Snowflake Sky Die (all available from Our Daily Bread Designs). 


As I mentioned before, I like to create Christmas cards all year long so they are ready to mail in late November and I think that you can create such a great selection of cards with the combination of AO Gloria and AO Christmastime stamp sets! 

Plus, depending on the type of foam that you use for layering, they are fairly flat so they may not require additional postage :-) 

I created this card by first stamping the AO Christmastime image onto white cardstock with embossing ink and I heat embossed the image with white embossing powder.

After the embossing had cooled, I used a water brush to apply a variety of pink and raspberry distress inks over the entire image and gently wiped the ink away from the embossed areas.

I trimmed the panel and mounted onto a piece of raspberry cardstock that I had die cut and embossed with the ODBD Snowflake Sky Die before adhering the entire panel to a white card base.

I heat embossed the sentiment from the AO Gloria stamp set with white embossing powder onto raspberry cardstock, created a flag banner on the end and distressed the sentiment with my finger.
I added a bit of looped metallic silver thread to the card front before mounting the sentiment with dimensional foam.

I finished off this quick card by applying shimmer with a clear shimmer pen to the ornaments and added a few rhinestones for a bit of additional shine.

I hope I have inspired you with this quick Christmas card, and if you have time to relax and create a project using your Artistic Outpost stamps, we would love it if you would share your artwork with us on Artistic Outpost Facebook page!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by and visit us- have a great week!


Designer- Julie Gearinger

No comments: