August 30, 2016

Never Drive Fast!

Hello, Avril here today with my weekly inspiration and this time I'm using images from the Diesel Punk set of rubber stamps, available from our Daily Bread Designs Designs website.

My card base started life as a mop up piece with, I think, some Fossilized Amber, Tumbled Glass and Mustard Seed inks.

I don't have a cogs stencil, but used a spare corner diecut from the Tim Holtz Sizzix Gearhead mixed media die set, as my home made stencil and applied embossing paste to the right-hand side of the card.  My 'home made' stencil  was also used with inks to create extra interest.  I also did a little wrinkle free distressing around the edges of the card, before adding some Aquamarine and Bronze Gilding pastes over the embossed areas.

I stamped my main image of the two men, and coloured their clothing with Distress inks.  For further interest, I stamped the lady with the car image with Jet Black Archival ink and heat set with clear  EP. As I only wanted the car, this was fussy cut  and added using foam tape onto the image.

The gear corner and spare cogs die cuts were inked with Tumbled Glass, Peacock feathers and Vintage Photo Distress Inks  and  then some bronze and clear embossing powders  were added and heat set to give a rusted vintage look,  before adding to the card.

The sentiment, which is cut apart, is also from the Diesel Punk set, again stamped in Archival and heat set with clear EP, before being distressed with Vintage Photo and Tumbled Glass.

I hope I've inspired you to get out your Artistic Outpost rubber stamps and get inking and if you're really quick, you could show us what you've created and link up by 31st August to our current AO challenge.

Thanks for visiting.

Designer:  Avril Bailey


No comments: