July 26, 2016

You Are The Hero


Hello, Avril here with my weekly post and today I'm mixing and matching!

I've used an image from the Generation Redux, background from the Ephemera Backgrounds and a sentiment from the Paperboy set, all available from Our Daily Bread Designs website.

I began by inking my craft sheet with Ground Espresso  ink, Antique Linen and Vintage Photo spray stains, a good spritz of water and then dragged my card stock through.  After drying, I did some random stamping with Walnut stain, using the bubbles and numbers elements from  Generation Redux.

The ledger sheet from the Ephemera backgrounds was stamped in Potting soil Archival and layered with foam tape on a piece of embossed script card, and 'secured' with a piece of burlap.

My main image, stamped with Black Archival is those two handsome guys from Generation Redux.
I stamped the image onto a 'post it' note and masked the guy on the right, before spritzing with Antique Linen distress spray as I wanted him to be my Hero.  I mounted the image with foam pads for some dimension.

The sentiment, again stamped in black and spritzed with Antique linen DS was added with foam pads only to the bottom half.  A scrap of die cut was added for interest.

I hope I've inspired you to ink up your Artistic Outpost rubber stamps, as you've still got a few days left to link up to this months 'Show Us Your Art' challenge, where the theme is as always - Anything Goes with AO stamps.  You can find all the details here.

Designer:  Avril Bailey

1 comment:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card, very masculine and stylish. Hugs, Valerie