July 9, 2016

Don't Judge Each Day

Happy Saturday Everyone!  Julie here, sharing a monochromatic Mixed Media card using Harvest, Seed Packets Background and Grunge Elements from the Artistic Outpost Spring 2016 Release by Our Daily Bread Designs.

I used Tim Holtz® Walnut Stain, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso Distress Inks to stamp the Seed Packets Background onto pieces of taupe and vanilla cardstock (I lightly spritzed the inked stamp with water before stamping onto the panels).

On the main taupe focal image panel, I added the coffee stain image from Grunge Elements using white craft ink, trimmed the panel, distressed the background panel before mounting onto dark brown cardstock (distressing that layer as well).

I used the ODBD Double Stitched Circle Dies to die cut the partial circle in the corner, added the espresso seam binding ribbon (with the burlap twine and vanilla ribbon slide) and mounted the sentiment from Harvest (distressed and stamped also with Grunge Elements).

After designing and photographing this card, I decided to "step it up" a bit with vintage watercoloring (using a black waterbased marker to add shadows) along with some color to the Seed Packets Background.

So, what do you think- the first version that is mainly brown or I like to think of as "chocolate" or the second, more "colorful" version :-) ?

I hope I have inspired you to pull out your Artistic Outpost stamps and have fun this week, and if so, don’t forget to come play along and enter your AO artwork into the “July Show Us Your AO Art Challenge” – please click here for details.

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope all of you have a wonderful week!


Designer- Julie Gearinger