June 23, 2016

The Game of Golf

Today I am showcasing a masculine card using the fabulous Golf Club stamp set from Artistic Outpost, available from Our Daily Bread Designs website.


I began by adding removable tape to all the edges of my card; masking the outside edges so that only the central panel is visible for decoration. The central panel was then coloured with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and dried with a heat tool.


I then placed Tim Holtz Harlequin Stencil onto the panel and then blended Vintage Photo Distress Ink randomly over the stencil to add a further layer to the background. I then flicked the background with water to add bleached out areas and then dried with a heat tool. I then stamped the golfer onto the background with Black Archival Ink. I created a mask of the golfer, placed this over my stamped image and then stamped the background stamp over the top and then removed the mask. I applied Carbon Black Fluid Acrylic to an old lid and stamped a circle around the imagery.


To add further interest I added a touch of random stamping to the background using the Ephemera Backgrounds stamp and Fern Green Archival Ink. I also included some painted scratchy lines using an old credit card.


I added the sentiment Live, Laugh, Play to the background and added a stamped image to the inside of the card. I also included delicate splatters of Peeled Paint Distress Paint to the background once I had removed the removable tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x

No comments: