June 11, 2016

Ice Cream Happiness

Happy Saturday Everyone!  Julie here, with a quick One Layer Mixed Media card using Ice Cream Shoppe and Bottle Caps Background from the Artistic Outpost Spring 2016 Release.


To create the background for the card, I folded a piece of 4 ¼” x 11” white cardstock in half, inked the Bottle Caps Background stamp with Tim Holtz® Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Distress Inks, spritzed the inked stamp lightly with water before pressing the stamp onto the card front.

Once the stamped background was dry (I used a Heat Tool to speed up the process), I applied Judikins MicroGlaze to each of the bottle cap images.

A modified version of the Smakin’ Acetate Technique was used for the splatter effect- I took a clear packaging envelope (you could use a sheet protector, zip lock bag or pieces of acetate) and cut up one of the sides of the envelope as well as across the top and bottom to create a "book", I added a small amount of Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink on one side of the interior of the envelope, I spritzed the ink lightly with water and closed the other side of the envelope over the ink, I then used my fingers to "smoosh" the ink on the inside of the envelope together to mix and spread the ink a bit, opened the envelope and lightly pressed the stamped background face down into the "smooshed" ink and I repeatedly pressed areas until I was happy with the result.  

I used a paper towel to gently wipe up any excess ink over the microglazed areas and allowed the panel to dry.

I stamped the images from Ice Cream Shoppe with Stāz-On® Jet Black ink onto white cardstock, fussy-cut and layered each onto black cardstock.

I added the sentiment from Ice Cream Shoppe with Stāz-On® Jet Black ink directly onto the card front before adding the layered focal images with dimensional foam.

I had a great time creating this One Layer Mixed Media card and I hope I have inspired you to get out your Artistic Outpost supplies and have some fun stamping!   

Plus, if you do, don’t forget to come play along and enter your Artistic Outpost  artwork into the “June Show Us Your AO Art Challenge” – please click here for details.

Thanks again for stopping by- I hope you have a fabulous weekend!


Designer- Julie Gearinger

1 comment:

Mrs.B said...

Great card Julie, love the colourful background with the monochrome images.
Avril x