May 24, 2016

Uncomplicated

Hello, Avril here today with a card featuring those sweet kids from the Harvest set of stamps.

I wanted to create a feeling of an uncomplicated life down on the farm, so I've used rustic colours to mat and layer as well as some paper piecing for their clothes. I added a strip of burlap to anchor my retro flower and stamped some words from one of the sentiment stamps in the Think and Wonder set, which I think suits so many images.

Well, thanks for calling in and don't forget you still have a few days left to enter the May Show us your AO art challenge and you can find all the details here.

Designer:  Avril Bailey

3 comments:

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Avril, you've definitely achieved what you set out to do. I love the image of the children and the background matches their clothes beautifully. The burlap strip and flower finish your card off perfectly. Crafty hugs, Sandra X

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully layered and rustic looking Avril, love this xxx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Amazing composition and color combination.
Hugs Anja