April 28, 2016

Your can't buy happiness but you can buy ice cream!

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost. Today I am showcasing the newly released Ice Cream Shoppe stamp set.


I decided to do something a little different this week. I thought the imagery from this stamp set was perfect for a sweet treat container. Eileen Hull's Canister die was perfect for this.


I coloured the background of the Canister die with Picked Raspberry and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks, applying one colour at a time. I applied the Distress Inks to a piece of plastic packaging, spritzed with water and then pressed the packaging onto the die cut and then dried with a heat tool. I continued with this process until I was happy with the coverage of colour.


I stamped the Ice Cream Cone onto each side of the Canister using Potting Soil Archival Ink.


I placed the Tim Holtz Chevron stencil onto the background and applied Picked Raspberry Distress Ink over the stencil to add a further layer of interest
.

I used part of the sentiment from the stamp set to add the 'ice cream' text to each side of the canister, stamped with Pink Peony Archival Ink.


I applied Squeezed Lemondade Distress Paint to old lids and stamped onto the background and also added delicate splatters of paint for a further layer of interest.


I added a couple of ice cream embellishments to the top of the canister and decorated using all the same layers as with the outside edges.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x



2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very creative and pretty, Tracy. xoxo

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous project Tracy yummy colours.
Avril x