March 17, 2016

The Lost Generation

Welcome back to the third in my series of cards using the Gatsby stamp set from Artistic Outpost,
This week I am showcasing the feminine image from the Gatsby stamp set, stamping her onto a die cut heart, adding shading around the edges with Fired Brick Distress Ink and colouring with pencils. I have also included rusty wire to highlight the focal image, stapled into place.
I began by applying a touch of Fired Brick and Hickory Smoke Distress Paints to a non-stick craft sheet, spritzing with water and then mopping up the paint with my white card and then drying with a heat tool. I then dabbed the card into any remaining paint and dried once again with a heat tool.
I applied Fired Brick Distress Ink over the Dot Fade Layering Stencil and then repeated once again using Hickory Smoke Distress Ink, adding yet a further layer of interest to the background. I also die cut two smaller hearts which I coloured with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and added a few delicate splatters to the hearts and to the background of the card using Fired Brick Distress Paint. I added three strips of Tissue Tape behind the focal image for further interest and texture.
I applied DecoArt Fluid Acrylic Titanium White over a Heart Layering Stencil to add contrast to my design, along with scratchy paint lines using an old credit card and Carbon Black Fluid Acrylic.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love This!! :) :) XOXO-Shari

Aimeslee Winans said...

Nice background. The placement of the white heart stenciling gives such good movement. xoxo