February 7, 2016

Love Deputy

Howdy Folks!!  It's me, Shari with you today and I've just been given a Love Warning from the....


She's patrolling the blogosphere and handing out love citations to remind everyone that there's one week left until the official Day of Love-Valentine's Day.  Let me show you how I set up this love-trap for the Deputy--


I started today's card with creating the background panel.  I taped this Inky Hearts stencil from StencilGirl, over the mixed-media paper panel, that I had also taped down.  I didn't want the panel or stencil to move. 


I spread translucent embossing paste over the stencil with a palette knife...
 


....and carefully lifted the stencil to reveal all of those wonderfully stenciled hearts!  While the embossing paste is wet, it's opaque, but when it's dry....
 


...it's clear.  Because I applied a kind of thick layer of paste over the stencil, there's a lot of fun texture, that I tried to capture in this picture.  I can't wait for the next steps! 
 


I sprinkled Merlot Color Burst onto the panel.  I know this doesn't look like much now, but wait until you see what it does when spritzed with water---
 
 
The Color Burst literally bursts with color---I love this part!  After taking this shot, I spritzed a little bit more water and Merlot CB onto the panel and started to dry with my heat tool. 
 


I LOVE all of this color and I love the resist effect of the stenciled hearts--exactly what I was going for! 
 


I ran the panel through my sewing machine and stitched an outline around each heart then stitched the border and inked the edges with Black Soot DI. 
 
 

 
I punched these hearts out of shrink plastic and colored with alcohol ink.  I didn't know what size these were going to shrink down to, so I punched out 4 of them--I know that at least one of them will be the right size!
 


I carefully shrunk the plastic hearts down with my embossing heat gun.  As I'm dealing with a Love Deputy here, she needs the right adornment for her belt buckle. 
 


I stamped this deputy of love from our Cowgirl Strength set, onto mixed-media paper with black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear EP.  I fussy cut her with my finger knife and adhered the heart to her belt with a dab of diamond glaze. 


I took this picture while the glaze was still wet, so it looks a little milky, but it dried clear and adhered that heart firmly into place. 
 


Using the letter block image from our Secretary Pool set, I stamped it once onto mixed-media paper with black pigment ink and heat embossed then stamped it again on a piece of mm-paper that I had colored with Merlot CB, with white pigment ink that I heat embossed with white EP. 



I fussy cut the letters that I needed to spell out Love Deputy and edged each letter with Black Soot DI.


I gave the background a splatter of Hunter Grey Twinkling H2Os, heat set, then adhered the letters and the Love Deputy onto the panel with matte Decou-Page.  I outlined the words and LD with a combo of Black Soot DI, Picket Fence DS and white gel pen.  I kept trying to add some kind of embellishment, but I so like how the background came out, that I'm leaving it sans embellies.
 
Thanks so much for having a visit here with me today--I know that today is a big day in the U.S. for many a football fan, so I do appreciate you stopping by!!  Oh, I wanted to let you know that my schedule here at the Artistic Outpost Blog is going to change, a little bit, to every other Sunday, so, I'll be back with you on Sunday, Feb 21st, and I'll be counting the days until then! 
 
 
Designer: Shari Trumbull

8 comments:

Jan Hill said...

Shari this is such a great background, love that resist, it doesn't need embellies! Hugs Jan x

Bev said...

Shari, I came to your blog after seeing your card on Splitcoaststampers. All I can say, is WOW!!! Love it!

Aimeslee said...

Adorable card and great tutorial, thanks! xoxo

Juliz Design Post said...

Such an inspirational card Shari, I love it.
Julie x

lynnesbowsandbelles said...

Gorgeous colours and such a fun card. Shari, you are becoming Queen of Shrink as your use of shrink plastic is inspirational!
Wishes
Lynne

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Great card Shari, love that background and your love deputy! Deb xo

Terry said...

I so love your "Love Deputy" and she is doing an outstanding job sharing the love! Brilliant background, Shari! Love this!

Blogoratti said...

Very lovely piece of work, and nice details. Greetings!