December 13, 2015

Toy Emporium Tag Cards


Hi There & Happy Sunday!  I've got two little cards to share with you today, that I created using our newest Christmas themed stamp set-Toy Emporium



I wanted to make a couple of cards that looked really vintagey and reached for kraft card stock and realized I didn't have any more! YIKES!  Never fear--#8 kraft tags did the trick just fine! 


I folded the kraft tags in half then did some Distress Paint stenciling to the both of them.  I used the Stars & Christmas layering stencils with Brushed Pewter & Picket Fence DPs respectively.


I spritzed my craft sheet with Broken China DSS and water and ran the stenciled tags through the stain. 


When I was happy with the coverage of stain, I blotted lightly with a paper towel and heat set. 


I ran the tags through my sewing machine to add a stitched border, now they're ready for stamping goodness!


I made each card the same, but only took pictures of this card in assembly--I applied a piece of tissue tape to the card, stamped the little girl directly onto the surface of the card then separately stamped onto a piece of coffee stained vellum with Jet Black archival.  I fussy cut the girl stamped on vellum and adhered her onto the card with matte Decou-Page.



I added a shadow of Hickory Smoke DI with my water brush then outlined the images with my white gel pen.  I glittered up a few wooden stars with Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter and adhered to the surface of the cards with matte Decou-Page.




I altered a piece of tinsel twine with alcohol ink and applied heat to make the tinsel curl up a bit, then I cut it into two pieces and tied to each tag--Gosh, I love the additional layer of nostalgia that the tinsel twine added to these little cards! FUN! 

Thanks so much for joining me on this Sunday!  I sure do appreciate you stopping by and hope you'll come back again to see me next week!  I'll have a little Christmas project that can be crafted in plenty of time to get stockings stuffed! 


Designer: Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

6 comments:

Dorthe said...

They are each lovely, and so sweet with the stamped images, and glittery stars, love the extra little colour!!
Dorthe, xoxo

Anonymous said...

Shari, You definitely achieved vintage!
The colours and those sweet stamps with your beautiful attention to detail, it all speaks of vintage.
Wishes
Lynne

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh how very fabulous are these! Love the hint of blue and the sparkle. Gorgeous stamping!

Words and Pictures said...

Such sweet tiny cards - adorable! - and perfect for those adorable images.
Alison x

Cocofolies said...

They are adorable Shari!!! :D
Coco xoxo

Candy C said...

Shari, these little vintage cards are adorable! There is so much packed onto such a small space. I love the vintage feeling you've achieved. Love those stamps. You have really created some magic here! I also love the machine stitching! Merry Christmas!!!