October 29, 2015

"Go Team"

Today I am showcasing one of the new releases from Artistic Outpost, the Go Team stamp set.
I began by painting my background with London Bus Fresco Finish Paint and drying with my heat tool. I then applied Fresco Finish Crackle Glaze and again dried with my heat tool until I had a matt finish and I then applied a final coat of Little Black Dress and the cracks appear almost immediately. Whilst the paint was still wet I rubbed away some of the areas with a piece of kitchen towel to age my piece a little.
Once my layers of paint were completely dry I then applied a random coat of Gesso to the centre of the card and dried with my heat tool.
I stamped the young boy with Black Archival Ink onto the Gesso area and then dried with my heat tool. I then stamped the same image onto a piece of scrap paper, cut it out to create a mask and placed the mask onto the focal image and then stamped the background image, once again with Black Archival Ink and dried with my heat tool. I added touches of red to the boy using my Polychromo pencils. I added "Go Team" to a twig which I painted lightly with paint and then adhered to the card.
To add further interest I added scratchy lines using an old credit card and London Bus Fresco Finish Paint along with a few splatters of paint.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x 



1 comment:

Sandra Wright. said...

Love your card...great idea using the stick for the flag...great stamps...x