September 13, 2015

On the Leaves of Babes

Hello There! Thanks for joining me today!  It's definitely feeling like Fall around my neck of the woods so I created an Autumn themed master board this week, a piece of which I'm using today...


This darling image of these two little cuties is found in our Think and Wonder stamp set and I thought they'd be perfect on this Fall-like background of falling leaves. 


This is the finished master board.  I know, a bit busy in places, but that's OK because ultimately, this will be cut into smaller pieces, like the background panel in today's card. 


This card was really quick and easy to make.  I stamped these cuties onto the gelli print panel with Jet Black Archival, then I stamped it again in Coffee Archival onto a piece of mixed-media paper and fussy cut.  I attached the image onto the panel and outlined several times, then ran through my sewing machine to add the stitched borders.

I made a few shrink plastic Tattered Leaves that I colored with alcohol inks.  The kids are catching the leaves and tying them onto a string, making their own natural kite of Autumn leaves.


The quote, also from the Think and Wonder set, was stamped onto mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival and coated with matte Decou-Page then DAM Crackle Glaze.  When the crackle was dry, I rubbed Walnut Stain Distress Ink over the surface then cut into word bands.  The kids are having fun collecting their leaves--These things are fun and fun is good!  How can you argue with that? 

Thanks again for spending a little bit of your Sunday with me!  I'll see you here next week!!

Designer: Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

No comments: