September 17, 2015

Birds of a Feather

Today I am showcasing the fabulous BIRDS OF A FEATHER stamp set from Artistic Outpost.
The background has been created with PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints. I applied Mocha Mousse as my base coat, dried with a heat tool, applied the Crackle Glaze again dried with my heat tool (to a matt finish) and then applied the top coat of Mermaid and the paint crackles almost immediately. Before the paint was completely dry I sanded some areas to add to the aged feel.
I painted a piece of white card with Mermaid Fresco Finish Paint, dried with a heat too and then stamped the wonderful focal image with Potting Soil Archival Ink. I also added a touch of text background stamping using the background stamp from the Birds of a Feather stamp set.  I added a good coat of Clear Rock Candy on the top to add cracks of differing sizes and then rubbed over the cracks with DecoArt Raw Umber Antiquing Cream, wiping away the excess with a damp piece of kitchen towel.
I applied the Clear Rock Candy in different thicknesses to add differing sized crackles to the stamped area.
I cut two banners from white card, painted them with Mermaid paint, coloured the edges of each banner with Potting Soil Archival Ink and then stamped the text 'Birds' and 'feather' using the sentiment stamp from the stamp set.
I added touches of metal elements, including corners coloured with Rust Alcohol Ink, a brass birdhouse charm and jump rings added randomly to the background.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x



No comments: