August 13, 2015

Springtime Joy

Welcome to my weekly post for Artistic Outpost; this week I am using the fabulous Springtime stamp set.
I was aiming for a clean fresh feel to this weeks card using subtle tones of blue ink; in this case Broken China Distress Ink.
I die cut a circle from a piece of white card 4.5" x 6.5", placing the circle over the edge of the card and then running through my die cutting machine.  I wanted to use this aperture area to showcase my sentiment which has been stamped onto a smaller circle and shaded with Broken China Distress Ink.
I added clouds to the background, adding only a touch of Broken China Ink. I also added some random machine stitching and delicate splatters of paint to the background; I wanted to add layers of interest but nothing too overpowering as I wanted the clouds to be clearly visible.
I stamped the focal image with Black Archival Ink, masked off the image and then added the fence behind. I also machine stitched around the card for added texture.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another Fabulous creation, Tracy!! I love the gentle bluey-gray colors at play and the round cut-out framing the quote-Awesome!! You make AO proud with every creation!! XOXO-Shari