July 30, 2015

Play in the rain with me

I have revisited an old technique today which I have not used in a long time, the BOKEH technique.
I have created a duo of cards today showcasing the fabulous Springtime stamp set from Artistic Outpost.

I began both cards by applying Distress Inks to the background. The one on the left had two colours applied to a non-stick craft sheet, Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick Distress Inks, which I then spritzed with water and I then mopped up the beads of ink. The second card was blended with Broken China Distress Ink.
Once I had achieved the desired depth of colour I then created my own template, die cutting several different sized circles from white card. I then placed the template onto the card and applied Glacier White pigment ink over the stencil, one circle at a time., moving the template around the card, applying ink through three different sized circles and overlapping the circes in some areas. I then heat dried the ink with a heat tool.
I also applied more Glacier White ink to some of the circles to achieve different depths of the same ink. To add further interest I also added some random machine stitching and the perfect sentiment from the Springtime stamp set.
I repeated the same technique on my second card  and stamped two of the sentiments into the inked circles.
Once again I added random machine stitching for added interest.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans x x 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous cards, Tracy!! XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

What a fabulous technique Tracy, thanks for the tutorial, will have to give this a try!