May 3, 2015

Motorcycle Road Trip

Hello & Thank You for joining me today for my weekly spot here at Artistic Outpost!  I'm continuing to get my kicks using our Route 66 stamp set and this time around, it's a two-wheeled road trip!


I had so much fun using this Route 66 stamp set last month for our Product Focus feature, I just had to keep it out and make this motorcycle themed jumbo tag card to utilize more of the images from the set. 


This could be my favorite little detail on this entire card--I had stamped the wheel of the motorcycle onto acetate with Jet Black StazOn so I could get the spokes of the tire on their own, so to speak.  I fussy cut out the same section from my heat embossed motorcycle and glued the acetate piece behind the tire. 


OK--I kind of like this little detail, too, even though it ended up a bit warped.  I had stamped the gas pump image onto white stock with Vermillion Archival then heat embossed with frosted crystals embossing powder.  I cut away the little window and glued a stamped piece of vellum in its place.  Then I applied a layer of Diamond Glaze to create the impression of glass--that's when the vellum started to warp and then I accidentally dropped a piece of paper on top of the wet glaze-Ooops!


From afar, you can't see the warped window of the gas pump, but that little bit does end up lending a certain kind of vintagey-ness to the entire scene. 


So, if you ever plan to motor west, down my way, take the highway that's the best--Get your kicks 'with' Route 66...Artistic Outpost stamp set that is!! 

Thank you again for joining me on this first Sunday of May!  It's always my pleasure to be here with you!!


Designer:  Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

1 comment: