April 12, 2015

Hello Spring

Hi There! It's me Shari--Thanks for joining me here at Artistic Outpost today!  I'm trying to make up for not having a bright and colorful Spring/Easter themed creation for you last weekend, with the card I have for you today--


I'm using one of my favorite Artistic Outpost images as my focal point--This darling girl from the Kudzu Kafe stamp set, along with images from Generation Redux, Secretary Pool, Serenity and The Outpost stamp sets.  It sounds like a lot, but there are stamps in each set that I really enjoying using :)


Using a piece of mixed-media paper, I gave it the wrinkle free technique with Picked Raspberry Distress Stain and Mustard Seed Distress Spray Stain and heat set.  I then used stamps from Generation Redux to build the mottled background, with coordinating colors of Distress Ink in Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed & Spiced Marmalade.  I splattered Picket Fence Distress Paint over the surface with a round paint brush and stamped the Kudzu Kafe girl right in the middle as my reference.  She'll get layered over later. 


I added a monoprint of my Latticework stencil with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, a few random pieces of tissue tape and the words 'Spring' that I created using the alphabet block from the Secretary Pool set.  I stamped it onto white card stock several times in Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed & Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks and fussy cut the letters I needed to spell out "Spring". 


Kudzu Kafe Girl received a pair of Butterfly Duo wings that I had stamped with the script image from The Outpost set and she was stamped onto mixed-media paper with Jet Black Archival and water colored with my Distress Markers and my water brush. 


I finished the panel with stamping the 'hello' from the Serenity set a few times next to the fussy cut letters.  I outlined the block letters with my Walnut Stain DM and smudged with a dampened finger, then outlined again with a white gel pen.  I added the enamel dots and outlined with gel pen and attached the panel to an orange card base. 

I do hope you've enjoyed my brighter Spring themed offering for Artistic Outpost today!  Thank you again for joining me today! 


Designer: Shari Trumbull
Ain't That Artsy Fartsy

No comments: