September 22, 2014

Joyeux Noel


Yep, here I am getting ahead of myself, posting a Christmas card on the First Day of Autumn, if I keep this up, I might actually have my cards done to mail on time!  The vintage Santa image and sentiment are from the fabulous Artistic Outpost Snowy Woods plate.  The image is stamped in Black Archival on Vanilla card stock and sponged with Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink.  To embellish I used Our Daily Bread Designs Pennants Die to cut the "fishtail" from pattern paper and Black card stock.  I trimmed the pattern paper panels so that I could layer them on the Black die cut.  The sentiment is stamped in Red on Vanilla card stock and clear embossed, then die cut using the smallest tag from the ODBD Custom Recipe Card and Tags Die.  To further embellish, I added twine and a poinsettia flower that I added die cut leaves to using the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Die.

There is still time to enter our Show us your AO Art September Challenge, we would love to see what you have been creating with Artistic Outpost stamps!

Be sure to stop back on Wednesday, for our Monthly Design Team Hop! 

Designer - Lisa Somerville


1 comment:

Julie Lee said...

That image is my favourite Santa ever and you have created such a lovely card with him! I feel very guilty, though! Maybe I should start on cards, as last year I was sooo behind by December!x