July 28, 2014

Every Little Thing...



Hi, Lisa here, with my weekly share on the Artistic Outpost Blog. This week I'm sharing a mixed media card created with the Artistic Outpost Think and Wonder, Serenity, Quote and Quotables,  Typography and Generation Redux plates.

I had some funky papers in my stash that reminded me of a Gelli Plate Background, so I started with that as my base panel.  I used Black Archival ink to add the grass (Typography plate), and swirly butterfly vine (Serenity plate) to the bottom and sides.  To add interest to the background, I stamped the dots in Green using and image from the Generation Redux plate, and also the numbers from this same plate in Caramel. Next, I added a bit of modeling paste through a stencil.The sweet children from the Think and Wonder plate are stamped in Black Archival on a scrap of paper, cut from their background, sponged with Ranger Gathered Twigs Distress Ink and adhered in place with Americana Decou-Page. The sentiment from the Quote and Quotables plate is stamped in Black Archival on scraps of the background paper, sponged and adhered with Decou-Page.

Be sure to stop back on Wednesday for the Artistic Outpost Design Team Monthly Blog Hop!

Designer - Lisa Somerville


1 comment:

Sleen said...

Needed this message today. Thank you :) Your artwork is beautiful!