March 2, 2014

Seeds of Love

This was my blog hop piece for this month's Artistic Outpost blog hop and I wanted to share it over here.   I guess I was in a spring mood so I pulled out my Bloom and Grow set.  It's one I've always loved and I finally got it for myself last year, but haven't used it much.  I wanted to make something that felt fresh and this set fit the bill.  I started by squeezing a few blobs of Worn Lipstick stain onto my craft sheet and misted it with a bit of water, then added a couple of small drops of Walnut Stain distress stain.  At that point, I blotted a piece of white card stock into it, dried it with my heat tool and then did that a couple more times.  I gave it a worn vintage feel by doing some second generation stamping using the Ephemera Backgrounds and Jet Black Archival Ik and then added some stenciling using the Bubble stencil and Walnut Stain DI.  I also sponged all the edges with Walnut Stain DI.  

For my focal image I stamped the seed packet on white CS, only inking the stamp around the edge so I could place the flower image in the center.  The flowers were colored with distress markers and the whole piece was sponged with Vintage Photo DI.  Just for fun, I added a bit of paper doily in one corner and some burlap string to make a bow.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you are having a crafty weekend.

Designer:  Linda Coughlin


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! Great card! I love the worn lipstick background!
Ingrid xx

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely spring card - I love that touch of distressed doily and the garden twine complementing the vintage seed packet - fabulous, Linda!
Alison x