January 16, 2014

SOAR

Once again I am showcasing the fabulous BIRDS OF A FEATHER plate from Artistic Outpost.
To create the textural background I added crumpled tissue paper to a piece of thick white card and once dry I coloured with Antiqued Bronze Distress Stain and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and heat set with a heat tool. Once dry I applied Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink around the edges for definition and I also highlighted the wonderful texture with Treasure Gold White Fire wax.
Very difficult to spot but I have also added swirls using Wendy Vecchi's Embossing Paste and the 3 Flourishes stencil to add a little more interest in the backdrop. My aim was to add a cluster to the bottom corner of my card adding layers of interest.
Metal embellishments add further interest and texture along with added dimension to my piece. SOAR Adage Ticket has been stapled to the top right hand corner which I have crumpled and coloured with touches of Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink to age.
The bird has been stamped with Potting Soil Archival Ink along with touches of background stamping. I love the detail on this bird! I have also tucked two banners behind the stamped bird image for a further layer of interest. A dimensional flower, along with brass keys have been included for further interest.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

Designer: Tracy Evans x x 


6 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning! Love the background, the whole piece is beautifully put together!

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous textures, and I love the vintage look of the stamping - fabulous!
Alison x

Hettie said...

This is so pretty Tracy and wish I could see it all in real life as it looks so touchable feely!
Gorgeous
xx

barbarayaya62 said...

great card, love the neutral tones in this work and the texture you've added! BArbarayaya

Anonymous said...

Love this piece Tracy. Wonderful texture. Karen.x wintonrosepapercreations.blogspot.com

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is gorgeous, Tracy. The colors are wonderful and that background is just fantastic. Love the metals too!

Hugs,
Linda