January 26, 2014

Simply Winter

Hi there,  thanks so much for stopping by today.  I am sharing the piece I made for our January blog hop.   I wanted to play around with the Midwinter plate one more time before winter melts into spring.  For my piece, I was inspired to try Wendy Vecchi's new background technique using her archival ink reinkers and rubbing alcohol.  I started with half a sheet of Ranger's Specialty Stamping Paper.  I only used one color, Cornflower Blue, plus rubbing alcohol on my craft sheet, then dragged the paper through it and dried it with my heat tool.  Then it was stenciled with the Dot Fade stencil and the Cornflower Blue ink pad.  The stamping was done in Jet Black archival.
The newspaper looking piece backing the focal image was stamped with the Artistic Outpost Birds of a Feather plate and edged with Vintage Photo DI.  The texture at the bottom was made with Wendy Vecchi's White Embossing Paste and a Prima stencil.  Once the paste was dry, I mixed rubbing alcohol and Silver mixative on my craft sheet and dragged that end of the paper through it (TIP:  do not use rubbing alcohol anywhere near your archival ink stamping - the alcohol dissolves the ink and makes it run - found that out the hard way).

The sentiment was stamped with Jet Black archival onto white CS, sponged lightly with Vintage Photo DI and then a very light coat of embossing ink was added.  UTEE was applied, tapped off and heated.  That resulted in a partial coat of UTEE and I sponged it liberally with Vintage Photo again resulting in the splotchy look that I enjoy.
Thanks again for stopping by.  Don't forget, there is still time to join in our monthly referral program. It's an Anything Goes challenge and all you have to do is use an Artistic Outpost stamp or two.  You have until January 31st to link up here.

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

3 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

such a beautiful piece Linda and gorgeous textures and soft colours x trace x

Jean Franks Beck said...

This is gorgeous! Love the scene that you've created, and the textures are fabulous - especially at the bottom! (And thanks for the tip!)

Words and Pictures said...

One of my favourite AO cards of yours ever, Linda - it enchants me!
Alison x