December 3, 2013

A gift - but not for Christmas!

Hello everyone, thanks so much for stopping by.

A non-Christmas make today - I'm in protest at all the Christmas trees that have gone up round our way in the last 48 hours - far too early, as far as I'm concerned!!

So I'm offering up this hanging which is much more about Spring than Winter - but, oh my goodness, I did have a lovely time making it.  I used one of my much-loved papier mâché hanging boards.
The main image is from one of my favourite sets, Generation Redux...
And I added a little extra white penwork to the flower heads behind her head.
And so are the tiny stamped meadow flowers along the bottom.
I added the vine from the Hayride plate...
... and the sentiment is from Kudzu Kafe.
I had lots of inky fun with Distress Stains over my Fresco Crackle Glazed background.
And I added some texture paste through a Magenta mask to get my little butterflies, who then had a little touch of Distress Ink and diluted Liquid Pearls to give them a subtle bit of shimmer.
The wooden flowers are from a Polish company (details are on my original post), and they've been inked with Distress Stains and given Liquid Pearl blooms at the end of each stamen.
So that's my defiantly non-Christmas creation for you today.  Don't forget there's a new Artistic Outpost Referral Program just started up for December.  Share your projects using Artistic Outpost stamps, and you'll qualify for the prize draw at the end of the month.  Hope to see you there!

Designer: Alison Bomber




6 comments:

Nan G said...

A lovely piece, Alison.

Lucy Edmondson said...

I totally adore this, Alison. Love the fern green with the duck egg and love the way you have followed through round the sides and love the butterflies. And love the composition. Perfick!

Lucy x

Terry said...

Such a pretty tag, Alison! Love the butterflies floating around that great sentiment! Hugs!

barbarayaya62 said...

Girgeous tag Alison, love the colors and the flowers are wonderful!BArbarayaya

Sandy said...

Beautiful!!! But Alison I do love this time of year - bring on the snow!!
Sandy

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Alison. Love the colours and kinda refreshing to see non-Christmas items! BTW I did see a house fully lit up during half term in mid-October! Now THAT is too darned early!
Hugs
xx