September 8, 2013

Secret Dreams

I have a tag to share that I made for the August Artistic Outpost release of Chalk it Up and Chalkboard Wisdom.  I think this studious looking young lady from the Generation Redux plate looks like she has lots of secret dreams for her life.  

I framed her up with one of the stamps from Chalk it Up, first stamping the frame in Jet Black archival, then masking it and stamping the girl in Coffee archival.  The sentiment piece was stamped in Jet Black archival, then sponged with a couple colors of distress ink, then I clear embossed it according to Tim Holtz's rusted enamel technique (pg. 41 in the first Compendium of Curiosities) - very easy and one of my favorite techniques.  

For the background of my jumbo tag, I stamped the ledger stamp from Ephemera Backgrounds using Picket Fence Distress Paint to stamp with, drying it with my heat tool, then sponging the whole thing with several colors of distress ink and then as you can see I flicked it good with water droplets.  The edges were sponged with Vintage Photo DI.

That's it for me this week.  Hope you are thinking of playing along with us in our September referral program.  The theme is Anything Goes and to qualify, all you have to do is use an Artistic Outpost stamp.  Easy peasy - no excuse for not playing with us!

Thanks for stopping by

Designer:  Linda Coughlin


3 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

What an amazing tag!! I love the words and I love the lady a lot!! Great colours that fit together!!!

Greetings
Maria

Brenda Brown said...

A great design Linda and fabulous mix of stamps.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Words and Pictures said...

Just seen this over at Linda's - so lovely!
Alison x