September 5, 2013

Chalkboard Wisdom

I've used the fabulous new releases Chalk It Up and Chalkboard Wisdom.
I created a card to combine elements from both sets along with the wonderful CHARLES AND AMELIA plate.
I stamped the frame from the CHALK IT UP plate using black Archival Ink and then cut out each frame and added background stamping using the EPHEMERA BACKGROUNDS plate stamping with sepia Archival Ink.
One of the fabulous sentiments has been added to one of the frames and I have distressed the edges to add to the aged feel. I also flicked water onto the Distress Inked background to add blotches. A wing charm has been added, coloured with black paint and Alcohol Inks.
Amelia has been stamped onto the second frame and once again I have added background stamping to add further interest and depth. A second wing charm has been added and I have also included a Faucet Knob to the bottom corner adding a touch of wax to the knob to blend with my background. FLY has been stamped onto white card coloured with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, the edges distressed to add to the aged feel. The background of my card is a map paper from one of Tim Holtz Paper Stash, crumpled and inked to look like an old map.
Die cut gears have been added, cut from white card and coloured with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink, adding Mini Gears embellishments to the top for added interest along with some background stamping using the EPHEMERA BACKGROUNDS plate.
A wooden arrow, numbers and a DESTINY Philosophy Tag have been added for further interest.

Thanks for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans

6 comments:

Nancy Wethington said...

Fabulous!

Monique said...

Wow this is so beautiful and what a gorgeous stamp set!
xx Monique

Words and Pictures said...

Completely loved this when I saw it over at Tracy's blog - such wonderful inky effects, and brilliant stamping.
Alison x

Connie said...

It is always a pleasure to visit this site. I am always inspired :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is just such a wonderful make! Lovethis x hugs trace x

Anonymous said...

This is lovely Tracy. I love the cogs with stamping on them Karen.x