August 6, 2013

Serenely Green Again...

Hello all, lovely that you could drop in.  A little recap of my altered pencil box today, done with Fresco paints and DecoArt One Step Crackle... and, of course, lots of lovely Artistic Outpost stamps.
The tiny hedgerow flower stamps are from the Generation Redux plate.  And on this end, you can also see where I've added texture paste through the Crafter's Workshop Chicken Wire stencil.
Here's that chicken wire texture paste in its raw state, and the lovely trees are from the Home stamp set.
You'll see I also patted some texture paste on roughly... I think it looks great with the layers of paint and the crackle glaze to highlight it.  The leaf stamp is from Generation Redux again.
And you know I can't manage without some words somewhere, and here it's one of the quotes from the brilliant Serenity plate - my first ever AO purchase.
If you'd like any more how-to details, you can find them here... I just thought I'd focus mainly on the stamps for today!  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  And don't forget: if you've been using Artistic Outpost stamps on a project, why not enter the August Referral Program here at AO?  We'd love to see you there...

Designer: Alison Bomber

5 comments:

Deli-аrt said...

very cool!!!!!!!

Astrid Maclean said...

It's beautiful, love that fresh green colour!

Lucy Edmondson said...

I love this, Alison, and all the texture and the glossiness you have created,

Lucy x

Terry said...

I remember seeing this "Serene Green" altered box and thought how lovely it is! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is just lovely! I've got to get some of that texture paste! Your use of it on your box is just fantastic! Thank you for sharing your gorgeous project! YAY!