August 11, 2013

A Peek Through a Window

This week I am sharing a tag that I made several months ago for a 'Holiday Desitnation Through a Window' challenge.  I decided on Paris for my holiday destination.  I've never been there, but hope to go sometime.  I used the Artistic Outpost Paris Exposition set for my stamping.  This is a double tag.  I actually made a folded tag, but ended up gluing it shut so it's really no different than a two layer tag, with a window cut in the front with a Movers and Shapers die.  I used Pion Design Fairytale of Spring striped paper so it would look like wall paper, but it looked a little boring so I also dry embossed that layer.  The stamped layer was sponged with Tattered Rose DI and edged with Walnut Stain.  I used the Eiffel Tower die to cut the Fleur di Les and embossed it with Eiffel Tower texture fade then sponged it with Vintage Photo.  A little vintage netting and a pink resin rose top off the fleur di les.  A tiny Eiffel Tower charm from and a shabby seam binding bow create a finishing touch.

Designer:  Linda Coughlin

 

4 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Tres Chic! Bravo!

Tera Callihan said...

Great tag!

Inkypinkycraft said...

a beautiful make, soft , gentle and yet very beautiful x hugs xtrace x

Words and Pictures said...

So lovely and delicate, Linda - the colours are so pretty, and all the fabric looks wonderful. You've completely tempted me with this stamp set!!
Alison x