July 11, 2013

Snowy Woods

This week I am using the SNOWY WOODS plate for my DT piece for Artistic Outpost.
I already had Christmas stamps out on my craft desk so I decided to play along with what I already had to hand.
The background of my card has been embossed to add dimension and interest. I sanded the Core'dinations card to add further interest. I then die cut a bauble from Core'dinations card stock, adding a touch of walnut stain Distress Ink around the bauble and stamping the Father Christmas image to the centre, sanding the edge of the bauble to age.
I stamped the sentiment onto Core'dinations card with black Archival Ink, again sanding the edges to add to the vintage feel of my card. I also added wooden stars for further interest.
I added a second bauble stamping the image with black Archival Ink and adding a touch of colour to his beard with a white pencil crayon.
I also included over sized bows, adding wooden Christmas trees for added dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

DESIGNER: Tracy Evans




3 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Those Father Christmases look so perfect on the baubles - brilliant!
Alison x

Gerrie Johnnic said...

WOW Tracey! Amazing

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Tracy, I knew this was your work the sec, I saw it in my post, you have a style all your own. The background is beautiful, love the extra sanding,the 2 ornaments you created are stunning,love the stars and trees, and those 4 different bows, yes they are fabulous. I can't believe its a card, more like a piece of artwork to me, Thanks for sharing all this lovely brownness glory...