June 23, 2013

Summer Nostalgia


Hi there, how about some ice cream, the good old fashioned hand-churned kind.  Sound yummy?  What a great way to cool down a hot summer day.  Today I am sharing the card I made for our Artistic Outpost blog hop.  The theme this month is Americana and doesn't this ice cream image just bring back old memories?

I used the ticking stamp from Kudzu Kafe with Vermillion archival ink to stamp the background.  The churn is also from the Kudzu Kafe plate.  I created my ice cream parlor awning by cutting a white strip and a red strip with scalloped decorative scissors, cutting the strips apart and gluing them back together alternating the colors.  The 10 cents and the Healing Tonic stamps plus the label stamp are from Apothecary and the Life is Good sentiment is from Typography.

I made the ice cream spoon by downloading a picture of one from the internet, resizing it and printing it out on card stock then trimming it out.  The sleeve is a little glassine bag.  I created the lettering on my computer, taped the glassine bag to a piece of computer paper and ran it through my printer.

There you go.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you go have an ice cream and cool off on this hot summer day!

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

4 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely! Such a great nostalgic feel to it...
Alison x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love this Linda, the awning is fantastic as is the spoon. Wonderful design too. Tracy x

Unknown said...

This is awesome - very nostalgic!

Dianne said...

Great card, loooove the awning, thanks for sharing Linda and have a wonderful day..