May 26, 2013

Postcard From Atlantic City

Hi friends, we're celebrating the new release and a 15% off Memorial Day sale here at Artistic Outpost. I decided to create a vintage style post card using these fabulous images. It required quite a bit of masking. I started by stamping the Atlantic City seals in both lower corners and then stamped the three shells in the middle. Then they were masked off and I stamped the first set of 3 bathing beauties. I then masked them and stamped a second set of 3 bathing beauties. Then I peeled away all the masking tape and you can see the result. It was heavily sponged with Vintage Photo and given the water flicking treatment.

Ephemera Backgrounds was used to randomly stamp the background layer using Jet Black archival and then sponged with Faded Jeans. I created some faux postage stamps using the new Postage Stamp movers and shapers die, stamped them with the shell stamps and then "cancelled" them using the stamp from Ephemera Backgrounds.

The starfish was cut with an old Cuttlebug die and then embossed a mixture of Antique Linen and Tea Dye distress embossing powders, resulting in a grainy, sandy finish which was perfect for the starfish.

That wraps it up for my sample this week. Hope you enjoyed it1

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love this card so much, Linda - gorgeous stamping of the beauties and the shells!
Alison x

Terry said...

I just can't get over how fabulous your masking is of the "beach squad" bathing beauties! Love that background!