March 28, 2013

Paperboy

I have been using the fabulous PAPERBOY plate from Artistic Outpost.
I had a blast creating with these images, creating a grungy card using lots of layers. My backgroud is a piece of white card coloured with brushed corduroy and walnut stain Distress Inks, the edges torn for that aged feel and splats added with Distress Stain.
A background piece was created using the background text stamp/newsprint from the Paperboy plate, stamping with coffee and black Archival Ink and colouring with brushed corduroy Distress Ink. I purchased an old newspaper from a vintage fair which was perfect for this piece, I crumpled the paper and curled the edges and die cut each page using a Spellbinders die to create a book/newspaper and tied some natural twine across the centre.
I added NEWS using the alphabet background stamp from the Secretary Pool plate, again colouring with brushed corduroy Distress Ink. I stamped the paperboy onto white card and coloured with Distress Inks and added him to the top of my page, adding a philosophy tag for further interest.
I stamped EXTRA, EXTRA onto a lollipop stick, coloured with Distress Inks and added to my piece for further interest and dimension. A few more splats and torn edges to age and my piece is complete.

Thanks so much for stopping by.


DESIGNERTracy Evans


5 comments:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I LOVE your card. You did an excellent job creating a feeling of some curiosity found after decades gone by. Blessings!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous ripping and rolling, and the splatting is great too!
Alison x

Kate Yetter said...

Love it Tracy! The newspaper is the perfect touch!

Terry said...

Fabulous vintage feel! Love the tattered newspaper layers!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is great! I love the newspaper. This is such a fab stamp plate,

Lucy x