FREE shipping on all US orders of $50 or more!
Visit the Artistic Outpost Store

March 26, 2013

Paperboy Diptych

Hello all, Alison here with my final Paperboy sample... although it will be far from my last project using these brilliant stamps!

I found myself using a neutral colour palette with these stamps, so to take them into colour is my next plan, but for now we're firmly in Sepia/Rust land!

I used the "innards" of my Cabinet Card frames (which I used to make the diorama you've already seen) to create this little diptych.  As with the diorama, I covered them with the Terminology Tissue Wrap to give them a newsprint-y background.
The two Paperboys face each other, each with their own version of the fabulous Hero sentiment.  I added industrial style brads to the 'o's of each phrase.
Then I used my favourite simple rust technique - just some Vintage Photo Distress embossing powder added to the edges for texture and framing impact.
On the reverse, I used the wonderful collaged text stamp over a simple acrylic paint layer, and then die-cut a couple of the Tiny Tabs and Tags out of grungeboard to use as hinges.  A little bit of inking, and we're away!
Thanks so much for dropping in today.  Oh, and don't forget the March Referral programme is still on: Anything Goes with an Artistic Outpost stamp... come and play along!  See you again soon.

Designer: Alison Bomber
Words and Pictures


11 comments :

Yvonne Garner said...

Fabulous Alison!

Chris said...

A gorgeous piece and I love how the distressed effect enhances the gorgeous stamps, a really beautiful piece Alison :-)

Deborah said...

I've so enjoyed seeing what you have created with this stamp set. Very inspirational.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous creation Alison. My stamps are on their way yay.
hugs {brenda} x0x

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous vintage art Alison xx

Terry said...

Double the pleasure, Alison! Stunning project and I love that you incorporated the two paperboys! Hugs!

Kate said...

The rust effect around the edges is lovely! You rock those neutrals.

Dianne said...

Beautiful sepia, so rustic, I love how you added the screw brads over the letter O very kool, thanks for sharing Alison and have a great day...

Netty said...

The rusting looks great around the edges of this fab Diptych. Hugs Annette x

Dorthe said...

Wonderful distressed and stamped Alison- and I love your hinges made of grungeboard.
xo,Dorthe

Lucy Edmondson said...

Such a great idea to use the tissue wrap with the paperboy set. Love this!

Lucy x