February 3, 2013

A Pair of Hearts

This week I have a tag to share for my design team piece.  I played around with some distress stains and a stencil with the idea in mind of doing something spring like.  It didn't come out too spring like, but I do like the blues and greens.  I first swiped the entire tag with Evergreen Bough, laid down a stencil and the with the distress stain in a mister, I spritzed it with Peacock Feathers.  Using Jet Black archival ink, I stamped images from Keeper and the trees from Home directly onto my tag.  The edges were sponged with Vintage Photo and a bit of gesso was dry brushed on for interest.

The farm sign with the rooster weathervane was stamped with Jet Black archival directly onto a piece of bark.  I also cut two hearts out of the bark with a Sizzix die.  And that's my inky fun for this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great Sunday.

Designer:  Linda Coughlin
The Funkie Junkie

3 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

LOVE the stamping straight onto that vivid background - and the rooster is such a fabulous image. Beautiful trimmings at the top - what a lovely tag!
Alison x

lilscrappers said...

It might not be springy, but it sure is good lookin' :)

Senna said...

:) Hello,

wonderful hearts and compostion - the colours are standing in a great contrast.

Regards Senna