December 28, 2012

New Years Eve Celebration

A brand new year is just around the corner!  Wishing you all a fabulous healthy, happy New Year!

I am sharing a few projects made from the new Auld Lang Syne plate perfect for a New Years Eve party.

First a party decoration:

I had a lovely chipboard star found at a party store in an unattractive shiny green color. I pulled the shiny green layer off and cut my own star from silvery shimmer pattern paper.  I then die cut two smaller stars in coordinating color and paper.  I stamped the fun image and colored it with glimmer mist and watercolor pencils. 

I stamped the Happy New Year and cut in shape of a banner. I then layered on the images with tulle and a few sprays from the craft store and attached it to a stick.

My second project was a mask bought at Halloween:
They had these cool blank masks for kids to decorate.  I picked it up for something fun to decorate and decided to create a Masquerade type mask.
I covered the surface with white paint.  After that Dried I stamped with Versamark the beautiful clocks and words from Auld Lang Syne over the surface.  I heat embossed tinsel silver embossing powder.  I then smeared a combination of blue and black ink over the embossed area to give it the blue/black background.  I applied silver Krylon around the edges to finish it off.  I die cut stars from the shimmery pattern paper and attached to the mask.  I added a little embellishment made up of a star and piece of costume jewelry and feathers to the top of the mask.

Hope your New Year's Eve is fun and safe!

Suzz

Designer:  Suzanne Czosek

3 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Such fun celebratory pieces! Love the zhuzhed up star!
Alison x

Lucy Edmondson said...

Both gorgeous projects!

Lucy x

Lori said...

Super projects! I love that mask!!