December 9, 2012

A Light in the Darkness

Hello, I am back today to share a card I made for a challenge this week, the theme of which was A Light in the Darkness.  I didn't have any candle, lights, stars or Jesus stamps at hand so I decided to use the Artistic Outpost Favorite Book plate.  After all, I do consider reading and education to be a light in the darkness.

All card stock used here was SU's Confetti Cream. I started with a base panel which I sponged and splattered with Weathered Wood distress ink and distress stain plus a few splats of Picket Fence distress stain. Then, using Jet Black Archival Ink, the images from the set were randomly stamped, and the 'read' stamp interspersed among them. The main panel and the fussy cuts were also stamped with Jet Black archival ink, the main panel was also sponged with Vintage Photo. I used my distress ink pads and a water brush to add color the images. The back matting panel was sponged with Dried Marigold distress ink and the outer panel was sponged with Vintage Photo.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I hope you are having a great weekend.

Linda Coughlin, Guest Designer

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Love the layers of stamping - and beautiful colouring of the foreground images... gorgeous card!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Oh I love it and it is so true! I still remember my favorite childhood books and am giving quite a few of them as gifts to neices and nephews this year.

Wonderful creation!
Hugs
Caro