August 2, 2012

IN THE BLEAK MIDWINTER

Artistic Outpost have recently released a fabulous new plate MidWinter. Images in the collection include: a frozen creek scene, a cabin in the woods, a strong reindeer, a forest hare, a royal cardinal, and appopriate sentiments.  We hope you love them as much as we do.

For my first creation I decided on a heart Christmas hanging for the tree, fireplace, or as an alternative Christmas card. I painted the heart with a snow cap paint dabber and once dry applied a little fired brick Distress Ink and spritzed with a little gold spray for a little shimmer.
I stamped my image onto a piece of white card using black archival ink and Distress Markers to colour, adding vintage photo ink to the edges and spritzing with a little gold spray. I also added part of the image around the outside edges, applying colour to the image with Distress Markers and stamping into place. JOY has been added to jump rings for added dimension. I also added two wooden birds and a snowflake along with the fabulous sentiment for further interest.  Two wooden hearts have had the reindeer stamped onto each.

Thanks for stopping by.

Tracy Evans

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Loved this over on your blog, and now that I see it again, I'm even more in love with the rugged heart, the twine and the two mini-hearts. Beautifully put together!
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Gorgeous work Tracy! Love the wooden heart!