July 19, 2012

The Great Gatsby

The Gatsby plate is one of my favourite plates at the moment and I could not wait to play a little for this weeks DT piece for Artistic Outpost.

My inspiration began with a wooden arch, plenty of space to showcase all the images on this fabulous plate. I gave the wood a coat of gesso and then applied a light coat of vintage photo Distress Stain, I did not want my background to appear too dark. My creation began with the fabulous number plate that my dear blogging friend and fellow DT member Suzz sent to me, I love it. I coloured the plate with ginger alcohol ink and added faux screw brads to each corner. I then stamped the fabulous car image, a wonderful symbol of the roaring twenties onto white card and coloured with vintage photo Distress Ink.  Mini sprocket gears have been added to each wheel for a little dimension along with the text "The Great Gatsby" to some tape (also sent to me by Suzz, thank you) again sponging a little with vintage photo ink. I found some mini alphabets in my goodies and added GATSBY to the body of the car.
The inside of my wooden piece has an eclectic mix of images and embellishments to decorate.  I found a fabulous acetate film strip which I thought was perfect for the female image adding THE LOST GENERATION to a little more of that tape.  The champagne bottle has been stamped onto white card, coloured with vintage photo Distress Ink and clear embossed. I added a little vintage ribbon to the top with REMEMBER added along with a vintage button and a little twine. The handsome gentleman has some numbered ruler ribbon added along with a ticket, stars and buttons for added dimension.
 
The back has also been given a vintage feel adding more embellishments to complete my collaged piece.

Thanks so much for stopping by.








1 comment:

Yvonne Garner said...

Bravo Tracy! Love your project. Best, Yvonne