July 26, 2012

Kudzu Vine

I have recently received the new Kudzu Kafe plate; new stamps always help to INSPIRE. The Kudzu is a fast growing vine in the USA hence I was inspired to add vine to my creation.

I found this little wooden house in my collection and so began my crreation, colouring the wooden house with broken china Distress Stain and stamping the ticking stripes in the background with black archival ink. I stamped the Kudzu Kafe onto white card, coloured with a little broken china and peeled paint Distress Inks and added to the wooden house.
 
I added the vine stamped with olive archival ink. I wanted my vines to represent those fast growing vines in the USA. I stamped the young girl, coloured her dress with broken china Distress Markers and she is holding the sentiment "be kind".
 I added "be honest" to a mini ticket stamping the ticking stripe around the edges for a little more interest. "Kudzu Vine" was added to the bottom corner and I added a couple of little wooden birds for dimension.
I continued the vine around the back of my house stamping the fabulous sentiment onto a mini ticket and sponging with broken china ink. I love the bottle top I found in my collection, perfect for this eclectic mix of images.


Thanks for stopping by.


Tracy Evans

1 comment:

Words and Pictures said...

Kudzu Kafe is very tempting! What a beautiful project... love the house on the house! And the colours are wonderfully weathered - lovely!
Alison x