May 24, 2012

POPPY

For my Artistic Outpost creation this week I have used the Flower Market Plate along with the Secretary Pool plate to create the POPPY text at the top of my card.
My background has been sponged with Distress Ink and the edges distressed a little with a paper distresser, with a little walnut stain ink added to the edges.

I love the poppy from the Flower Market plate and I thought they were perfect for this time of year as the poppies in my garden are just about to bloom.  I coloured my images with Distress Ink fired brick and peeled paint and added a little dimension to the flowers. For a little more interest I added a bird brass charm.  This card would be perfect for a SPRING birthday.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Guest Artist: Tracy Evans

1 comment:

Yvonne Garner said...

Gorgeous Tracy! The little girl looks like she is walking through a field of flowers. Love the bird charm and vintage-feel you gave you card with distress inks. Best wishes, Yvonne