February 12, 2012

Beyond the Sea

I love this Beyond the Sea set and really like the way it looks with the Vintage Photo and Stormy Sky inks.  It's matted on a vintage songbook page that I sponged with Stormy Sky. Then I randomly stamped some of the images from the set on vanilla CS in Stormy Sky and sponged it with Vintage Photo.  A port hole type of effect was die cut, then stamped with more images from the Beyond the Sea set in Vintage Photo and sponged with more Stormy Sky.  A kraft paper twist ribbon was unfurled, cut in a strip and gathered to make a ruffle that was glued to the back of the porthole.  The main image of the couple in the boat was stamped with black archival ink on vanilla CS and then sponged with Vintage Photo.  I hand cut the sentiment banner, stamped it and then embossed it with just one coat of UTEE.  I knocked off any loose embossing powder, heat embossed it and then sponged it liberally with Vintage Photo creating a cool bumpy blotchy look.  

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Hope you are having a crafty weekend!

Linda Coughlin, Guest Designer

3 comments:

Yvonne Garner said...

Linda, this is absolutely stunning. Masterfully created. Bravo!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous card Linda, I love the ruffle ribbon and the port hole is perfect for the image. Lovely. Tracy x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Be still my heart!!! Linda you make me swoon at all your lovely's, but this is incredible...WOW!!!