November 14, 2010

Vintage Christmas

Lisa here today! With Christmas right around the corner, I have two creations to share using the wonderful images from the Sleigh Ride Set


The trees from the Artistic Outpost Sleigh Ride set are stamped in Olive on Vanilla card stock, then cut with Spellbinders Oval dies, the edges sponged in Pumice Stone Distress Ink.  The focal image also from this plate is stamped in Black Archival on Watercolor paper and colored using the Marker Watercoloring Technique, then cut out, sponge the edges with Pumice Stone and adhere to panel.  For some added shimmer, I spritzed the card with Pearl Glimmer Mist.
I've had these beautiful snowflake frames in my alterable box for some time.  I picked them up at Kohl's last year on clearance.  I did a little masking with the Trees and Girls from Sleigh Ride plate, stamping the girls in Black Archival and coloring using the Marker Watercoloring Technique, then masking them and adding the beautiful Pine Trees in  Pine Distress Ink.  This makes for a quick gift or beautiful Home Decor piece.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Designer - Lisa Somerville

No comments: