November 5, 2010

Follow the Yellow Brick Road

Yeah! It is Friday! Suzz here.

This stair step card was so fun to create! I used three of the different images from the beautiful OZ collection.

The Dorothy and Toto image is so sweet.  How lovely that she is crouched down with Toto standing up.  To create the first step,  I stamped Dorothy multiple times to piece her together. She was stamped in black, blue and  red.  The images were colored using watercolor pencils and aqua brushes.

The lion and scarecrow were stamped using Versafine Vintage Sepia and colored using the watercolor pencils and aqua brushes.


I placed the scarecrow onto a toothpick as his stake in the cornfield. I didn't have the right forest or cornfields so a quick trip outside found my trees and corn. :)


My DH helped create my yellow brick road. he drew the road onto a piece of yellow cardstock and I cut it out and created my bricks. I had to trim out my road but I think it works.


Of course the whole time I was working on this card I had the song going around and around in my head from the scene with the Munchkins where they tell Dorothy to follow the yellow brick road.

Today is the last day for the Anniversary sale!  ALL rubber stamps are 20% off. That includes all unmounteds and mounteds. Simply use the code: Anniversary at check out to receive your discount.

Have a wonderful Friday!


Suzz


Designer: Suzanne Czosek

3 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

omg- mouth hanging open! incredibly adorable!

Lynn Stevens said...

Suzz, This is AMAZING!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is fabulous!!!