September 29, 2010

Sleigh Ride Gift Box


Top view

View of side of box
I really love the newly released Christmas stamp  sheet Sleigh Ride. The images are so beautiful. Here I used one of the images to decorate a gift box. Using pine needle distress ink, I colored the box. Then the image was stamped on a piece of cardstock with music notes stamped on it. The image was die cut using a Spellbinders die. I used my gold pen to trim around the die cut. I die cut the flourishes in red and attached to the top of the box along with the image. A bow and tag with sentiment finished the top. Along the sides I attached some crocheted trim (available in Outpost Attic Finds). I'd sure love to receive a Christmas gift in a box decorated like this.
Barbara Washington -- Guest Designer

3 comments:

Connie Fossenier said...

Barbara...love your gift box, this is a another great way to use AO stamps...I really like the ornate diecuts which go so well with the stamp image.
connie paxman

Lisa Somerville said...

Who wouldn't want to receive a gift in such a beautiful box! Fab use of the Sleigh Ride set!

Jan Hoefler said...

A Beautiful Piece Barbara! Love the set, and you certainly made creative use of it!